Questions About Breast Reduction Surgery
If you are considering breast reduction, experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Angelo Cuzalina is here to help you make this important decision. Each woman is unique, as are her reasons for considering breast surgery. A one-on-one consultation is the only way to determine whether it’s right for you. Below, we look at some of the general indicators for breast reduction.
What Are the Symptoms of Needing a Breast Reduction?
Most women seeking breast reduction are experiencing one or more of the following:
- Self-consciousness about the large size of their breasts
- Feelings of unhappiness or disappointment with the large size of their breasts
- Discomfort while exercising or generally being active
- Chafing and excessive bounce while exercising
- Interference with enjoying their favorite activities and recreation
- Trouble finding dresses and tops that fit
- Feeling like they can’t find clothes that look flattering on the bust
- Grooves on the shoulders where breast straps dig in
- Neck, back and/or shoulder pain
- Poor posture caused by excessive breast weight
- Rashes, infections and other irritation below the breasts
- Stretched and drooping nipple-areola complex
- Interference with a good night of sleep because the breasts cause discomfort
This list isn’t exhaustive and we encourage you to discuss your motivations with Dr. Cuzalina.
How Long Does it Take to Recover from Breast Reduction?
Whether you are thinking about parenting demands, career demands, errands, volunteering, social obligations or any other combination of things that occur in the busy modern adult’s schedule, we know recovery is a concern. Most of Dr. Cuzalina’s patients are up and walking around the same day as surgery. Most go back to work 5-8 days later, with full activity and exercise cleared at 4-6 weeks.
How Painful is Breast Reduction?
The surgery itself causes no pain because you will be safely and properly anesthetized. It’s normal to feel sore afterward. We provide pain medication prescriptions when appropriate.
How Much Does it Cost to have a Breast Reduction?
The cost is variable. We want to be able to meet you and for Dr. Cuzalina to make a personalized recommendation before providing you with a cost estimate. We do offer financing options.
To schedule your consultation in Tulsa, please call Tulsa Surgical Arts at 918-779-1861.